Medicare Advantage Plans West Virginia in 2023
Medicare Advantage plans in West Virginia give Medicare beneficiaries another option when it comes to receiving their Medicare Part A and Part B benefits and coverage. The plans, however, may also additional benefits to Original Medicare.
Medicare Advantage Plans all offer slightly different coverage and has different costs. This depends on the company as well as where you live. West Virginia currently has over 35 different Medicare Advantage plans available.
Our website can help you shop and compare Medicare Advantage plans in West Virginia to find a plan to fit your needs.
Also, our licensed agents are just a quick phone call away to help answer any questions you might have and to help you enroll.
Medicare Advantage Plans in West Virginia for 2023 may include:
- Dental coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Wellness Resources
- Fitness programs
Types of Medicare Advantage Plans in West Virginia
Health Maintenance Organization – HMO Plans
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) are one very popular type of Medicare Advantage plan and typically cost less than other plans, but have limitations. For example, HMOs require that you remain in a specific network of doctors for your coverage. That includes choosing a primary doctor and getting referrals to see specialists.
Many HMOs include prescription drug coverage.
- Choose your primary doctor in-network
- Affordable out-of-pocket costs
- May include prescription coverage
- Low monthly premiums – sometimes $0 per month
Preferred Provider Organization – PPO Plans
PPOs allow you to visit doctors inside and outside of the network, provided they are Medicare-approved and accept the terms of the plan.
- You may see any doctor or hospital, though they must be Medicare-approved and accept the terms of the plan
- A referral to see a specialist isn’t needed
- PPOs do often include prescription drug coverage
Private Fee-for-Service – PFFS Plans
PFFS plans allow you to see any doctor that is Medicare-approved, however, they must accept the terms of the plan.
With PFFS Plans:
- Visit Medicare-approved doctors who accept the plan’s services and terms
- Often includes prescription coverage
- Have affordable monthly premiums
Special Needs Plans – SNPs
SNPs are plans that are available to people with certain diseases or health issues. Enrollment in SNPs is based on qualification.
- Visit Medicare-approved doctors who accept the plan’s services and terms (You must check first)
- These plans may include prescription coverage
- Can have affordable monthly premiums
The Best Medicare Advantage Plans in West Virginia for 2023 are:
- United Healthcare
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medicare Advantage Plan Enrollment for 2023
If you currently have a Medicare Advantage plan in West Virginia and are wanting to enroll in a different one, then you will need to wait until the Medicare open enrollment period (AEP) in most cases.
This period runs from October 15th – December 7th. Any enrollment change you make for a Medicare Advantage plan during this period will be effective on January 1st of the following year.
New to Medicare?
If you are new to Medicare then you may enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan right away to be effective the same day your Medicare begins. The easiest way to get started is to enter your zip code below.
Or call us today to begin the process so you do not miss any time periods.