Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans for 2023
Aetna Medicare Advantage plans in 2023 are offered in several states with the option of an HMO or a PPO plan.
Plans and benefits do vary by state so be sure to use our website to compare Aetna Medicare Advantage plans in your area and see which benefits are included.
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plans in 2023 may include:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Silversneakers Fitness Program
- $0 monthly premium
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan Types
Aetna HMO Plans
Aetna Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) plans require that you have a primary care physician (PCP) in most plans, as well as needing a referral to see a specialist.
Aetna HMO plans are often more affordable than PPOs and include prescription drug coverage in most plans.
- Low monthly premiums, sometimes $0/month
- Requires you to use the network of providers, unless in an emergency
- May included dental, hearing, and vision coverage
- Silversneakers Fitness program
- Includes drug coverage in many plans
Aetna PPO Plans
Aetna PPO plans allow you to visit any Medicare-approved doctor that agrees to the plan’s terms and will bill the plan.
Using providers that are in the plan’s network may cost less.
- Do not need to use a PCP, but providers out-of-network typically cost more
- No referral required to see a specialist
- Dental, vision, and hearing included in most plans
- Silversneakers Fitness benefit
- Includes drug coverage in most plans
Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan Enrollment for 2023
If you currently have a Medicare Advantage plan and are wanting to switch plans, then you will need to wait until the Medicare open enrollment period (AEP) in most cases.
This period runs from October 15th – December 7th. Any enrollment change you make for a Medicare Advantage plan during this period will be effective on January 1st of the following year.
During this time you may also leave your Advantage plan and enroll in a Medicare supplement (Medigap) plan, or for those who are enrolled in a stand-alone Medicare Part D drug plan you may change your plan during this time as well.
New to Medicare?
If you are new to Medicare then you may enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan right away to be effective the same day your Medicare begins. The easiest way to get started is to enter your zip code below.
Or call us today to begin the process so you do not miss any time periods.